Last month, CMS issued the final rule that updates the payment policies and payment rates for services under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) on or after January 1, 2015. The rule changes several of the quality reporting initiatives associated with PFS payments, including the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS).
The rule includes several changes for the 2015 PQRS program. Highlights include:
- EPs and group practices that meet the criteria for 2015 PQRS reporting will avoid the negative payment adjustment in 2017
- A total of 255 measures in 2015, including:
- 63 outcome-based measures
- 19 cross-cutting measures
- Addition of two measures groups
- Removal of five measures groups
- Critical Access Hospitals Method II (CAH-II) may now report PQRS via claims
Note: There is no incentive for 2015 PQRS reporting.
Click here to see the final rule.
Click here for more information about participating in PQRS in 2015.