Last Friday, August 22, the final rule governing hospice payment for FY 2015-Medicare Program; FY 2015 Hospice Wage Index and Payment Rate Update; Hospice Quality Reporting Requirements and Process and Appeals for Part D Payment for Drugs for Beneficiaries Enrolled in Hospice was printed in the Federal Register. The final rule includes final payment rate information for the upcoming FY and finalizes key policy changes, and reminds hospices that other, previously announced changes will become effective on October 1, 2014. Hospices are advised to start preparing for these changes immediately.
Hospice policy changes addressed in the final regulation are as follows:
- Timeframes for Filing the Notice of Election (NOE) and Notice of Termination/Revocation (NOTR)
- Timeframe for Hospice Cap Determination and Overpayment Remittance
- Addition of the Attending Physician to the Hospice Election Form
- Coding Guidelines for Hospice Claims Reporting
- FY2015 Final Payment Rates
NAHC’s article provides an in-depth look at the new requirements for addition of attending physician to the hospice election form and for documentation of a change in a patient’s designated attending physician.
Click here for details on the new requirements from NAHC.