The Super Bowl is this upcoming Sunday! This year, give your party a healthier spin with these 5 sneaky tips!
- Create a food-free space where your guests can mingle. When food is nearby and visible, it increases your chances of eating that food. Keeping snacks in another room will help everyone save calories. It’s the “out of sight, out of mind” principle.
- Offer low-calorie foods first. Research shows that when you’re hungry, you’re more likely to overeat starchy foods, and more of them. For the first half of the game, bring out low-calorie snacks like fresh veggies and a lightened-up dip.
- Give your favorite Super Bowl recipes like chips, dips, wings, and pizza a healthy spin. Swap sour cream for nonfat Greek yogurt for creamy dips or make your own homemade pizza. Most of your favorite foods can be made into a lightened version.
- Use Smaller Dishes. Since we have a tendency to load our plates, smaller plates will allow you to be more mindful of your portion sizes. Plus, studies show that smaller plates visually trick you into thinking you’re getting more food than you really are.
- Be drink aware. Choose taller skinny glasses instead of short wide ones. In a recent study, as much as 30 percent more liquor was poured into tumblers than highball glasses. If you don’t have skinny glasses, premix drinks in pitchers for guests or provide a measured shot glass to help your guests keep track of their liquor intake. Also, make sure to supply your guests with plenty of water so they stay hydrated.
Click here to read more