2013 marked a milestone in American healthcare. The healthcare industry probably experienced more change than any other industry. Key aspects of healthcare reform started to take effect and there was a serious focus on care coordination.
We have compiled a list of the top news stories of 2013 below. These news stories are ranked based on page views on the HMS blog:
- HMS Exclusive: What Happens if a Privately Insured Individual Doesn’t Pay His/Her Premium Under the ACA?
- HMS Exclusive: Understanding Transitional Care Management Codes
- Breaking News: United Healthcare to Drop Thousands of CT Docs from its Medicare Advantage Plan
- HIPPS Code Requirements on Medicare Advantage Claims Effective December
- Breaking News: President Obama Signs Pathway for SGR Reform Act of 2013
- Transitional Care Management Services Fact Sheet
- HMS Healthcare Social Media Series: Developing a Social Media Schedule
- Two Midnight Rule: An Introduction
- CMS Revises Discharge Planning Guidelines
- The New DSS Medicaid Audits
With full ACA implementation and ICD-10 conversion a few months down the road, we have a sneaking suspicion that 2014 will be an even busier year.
Happy New Year!