- Congress failed to agree on spending bill and subsequently shutdown.
- Certain government services are shutdown, while others such as Social Security, air traffic control, active military pay, and Congress pay continue.
- House Republicans and Senate Democrats cannot agree on the spending bill that funds Obamacare.
- 3.3 million government workers are still working, while over 800,000 will stay home
- The shutdown will not eliminate funding for Obamacare since money for it comes from new taxes and fees, as well as other funding which is not affected by the shutdown.
- Reminder: Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security will not be immediately impacted. Unless the shutdown continues for weeks, there will only be delays in certain government administrative functions (See yesterday’s article here).
Click here to read more