According to the World Health Organization (WHO), headache disorders are among the most common disorders of the nervous system and roughly 47% of the adult population has had a headache in the past year.
- Take and over the counter pain reliever – ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen, or aspirin can take the edge off in 30 minutes or less
- Drink water regularly throughout the day
- Take a relaxing break in a quiet dark room and concentrate on your breathing
- Apply a damp, cold wash cloth to your forehead – it may constrict blood vessels and provide relief
- Massage your head, neck and ear lobes
Other home remedies to sooth headaches include eating lemon, ginger, apple, peppermint and cinnamon.